FIBC (also referred to as Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container or Bulks Sacks) is the term used to refer to large bulk bags for use in storing and transporting materials. FIBC bags are commonly made from woven polypropylene giving them flexible walls and they have straps that allow the container to be lifted. They are typically filled from the top which can be closed for storage and then emptied from the bottom through a funnel. FIBC bags can hold anywhere from 1000 to 4000 pounds of material.
FIBC bags are often used to store and transport:
- Construction materials like sand or gravel
- Dry foods like grains, seeds and salt
The bulk bags are also used as barriers for water in streams or in flooding situations.
Advantages of FIBC Bags:
- More economical: using bulk bags typically requires less labor since less bags are needed. They also save on shipping you are shipping more material with less packaging and they can be stacked easily for shipping and storage.
- Time saving: since each bag holds more they can be filled faster than a comparable number of smaller bags to carry the same amount of material.
- Better safety: since fork lifts and pallet jacks are needed to move the bags and there is less manual labor, there is also less chance for workers to be injured.
View Bulk Bags at Traffic Safety Warehouse >>